Temple Sinai Congregation of Toronto

Resources

Mitkadem Program

Mitkadem’s self-paced and child-centered approach allows each student to achieve according to his/her own ability, identifes those students who need additional help early on, and gives the learner the ability to move more quickly through the material. 

The program consists of 23 ramot, or levels. Students may work independently, with another student at a similar level, or with another student in a “tutorial” relationship. In a Mitkadem classroom, the teacher becomes more of a resource and facilitator for students’ self-directed Hebrew learning.

Ramot (PDF)
Alef Bet and VowelsRamah 6Ramah 12Ramah 18
Prayer MapRamah 7Ramah 13Ramah 19
Ramah 2Ramah 8Ramah 14Ramah 20
Ramah 3Ramah 9Ramah 15Ramah 21
Ramah 4Ramah 10Ramah 16Ramah 22
Ramah 5Ramah 11Ramah 17
Prayers for Ramot
Ramah 4Ramah 6
First Candle Chanukkah – ChantingTorah Blessings – Chanting
Second Candle Chanukkah – ChantingTorah Blessings – Reading
Candle Blessings for Shabbat and Holy Days
Shehechiyanu for ChanukkahRamah 7
Food Blessings – ChantingYotzer – Reading
Food Blessings – ReadingMa’ariv Aravim
Ramah 8 Ramah 9
Ahavah Rabbah – ReadingShema – Chanting
Ahavat Olam – ReadingShema – Reading
Ve’ahavta – Chanting
Ve’ahavta – Reading
Ramah 10Ramah 11
Ge’ulah Evening – ReadingAvot Chanting
Ge’ulah Morning – ReadingAvot Reading
Mi Chamochah Evening – Chanting
Mi Chamochah Morning – Chanting
Ramah 12Ramah 13
Gvurot Summer Meitim ReadingOseh Shalom – Chanting
Gvurot Winter Hakol ReadingOseh Shalom – Reading
Gvorut Winter Hakol ReadingShalom Rav – Chanting
Shalom Rav – Reading
Sim Shalom – Chanting
Sim Shalom – Reading
Ramah 14Ramah 15
Kedushah – ChantingAdonai Sfatai – Chanting
Kedushah – ReadingAdonai Sfatai – Reading
V’shamru – ChantingElohai N’tzor – Chanting
V’shamru – Reading
Ramah 16Ramah 17
Aleinu – ChantingChatzi Kaddish – Friday Night
Aleinu – ReadingChatzi Kaddish – Reading
Chatzi Kaddish – Saturday Morning
Kaddish Yatom
Ramah 19
After Haftarah – Long Chant
After Haftarah – Long Reading
After Haftarah – Short Chant
After Haftarah – Short Reading
Before Haftarah – Chanting
Before Haftarah – Reading

Kita Dalet Prayers (Grade 6)

Kita Dalet students will be tested by one of the rabbis, cantors, or director of congregational learning. The prayer project testing will be done from the end of April to May. If a student requires more Hebrew enrichment, they will be required to attend Wednesday classes during the fall semester.

To maintain siddur proficiency, a prayer service will be conducted once a month on Tuesdays before religious school. This service will be held at 6.30 p.m. Attendance is expected for at least six of those services in their grade 7 year for those who have passed the proficiency test.

To download the readings, please click here.

Hebrew Readings
BarchuPeaceDivine PowerHatikvah
Ma’ariv AravimSim ShalomMah TovuEin Keiloheinu
ShemaAleinuElu D’varim
Va’yomerKiddush for Shabbat MorningMorning Blessings
Reader’s KaddishGod of our AncestorsSource of Love

Our Team

ilana_mansharov

Ilana Mansharov
Acting Director of Congregational Learning

ilana@templesinai.net
416.487.3281 ext. 232

bobbielynn

BobbieLynn Brass
Administrative Assistant

education@templesinai.net
416.487.3281 ext. 227

What our members say...
At Temple Sinai, I have met a lot of amazing people and made many new friends. Temple provides a great learning experience, whether it is learning about Jewish life, volunteering or working.

Aaron, Grade 9

2020-07-03T16:00:53-04:00

Aaron, Grade 9

At Temple Sinai, I have met a lot of amazing people and made many new friends. Temple provides a great learning experience, whether it is learning about Jewish life, volunteering or working.
I have always been involved with Temple. I have had the opportunity to work at religious school and fulfill my community service hours.

Sarah, Grade 12

2020-07-03T16:01:32-04:00

Sarah, Grade 12

I have always been involved with Temple. I have had the opportunity to work at religious school and fulfill my community service hours.
I like participating in the youth group, LOTSSY, especially the social action events like making sandwiches for the homeless or visiting youth at a group home. There are also many volunteer opportunities available.

Sarah, Grade 9

2020-07-03T16:02:00-04:00

Sarah, Grade 9

I like participating in the youth group, LOTSSY, especially the social action events like making sandwiches for the homeless or visiting youth at a group home. There are also many volunteer opportunities available.
The education program at Temple Sinai provides great Jewish learning in a warm and welcoming environment. While the kids complain about going (as is the wont of Jewish children since time immemorial), they leave Hebrew school excited about their progress and come home with both art projects and stories to share.

Lonny Rosen

2020-07-03T16:02:28-04:00

Lonny Rosen

The education program at Temple Sinai provides great Jewish learning in a warm and welcoming environment. While the kids complain about going (as is the wont of Jewish children since time immemorial), they leave Hebrew school excited about their progress and come home with both art projects and stories to share.