The Difference We Make
Temple Sinai is making a difference in our community!
The North York Harvest Food Bank writes: “Because of your thoughtfulness and care, Sonja will be able to keep food on the table and go to school. Harold will be able to feed his family.”
Eva’s initiatives said: “Thank you for your continued support of Eva’s Initiatives and for your recent gift of personal hygiene items. You are helping youth like Karen gain the necessary skills to live a life off the streets permanently.”
Temple Sinai is dedicated to the principles of tikkun olam. Because of the generosity of our members, we have made a difference—not only here at Temple, but in our community!
How did we help?
• Twelve hockey bags filled with skates, helmets and pads went to underprivileged children in Toronto.
• Volunteers on the Ve’ahavta van distributed hundreds of socks and dozens of sleeping bags, which helped homeless men and women stay warm at night.
• Thousands of meals were delivered to the elderly and homeless.
• Twenty computers were sent to a special needs school in Ghana.
• Thousands of eyeglasses were donated to people in the developing the world.
• Dozens of dresses and suits were collected so that new immigrants to Canada could go to their first proms.
• Six carloads of coats, pants and sweaters were delivered to people living on the streets.
• Hundreds of pounds of toiletries were donated to disadvantaged youth at Eva’s Place.
Volunteer Opportunities at Temple Sinai
Mobile Jewish Response to the Homeless (MJRH)
MJRH is a program for the homeless founded by Ve'ahavta (a Canadian humanitarian and relief organization). MJRH is a program where a van with one Ve’ahavta staff member and three volunteers, provides food, clothing, other essentials and, importantly, conversation to a population of people in our community that is very often isolated.
We invite our membership to volunteer for this unique hands-on opportunity to provide nourishment to those without homes. For those who want to volunteer or just want more information about this exciting initiative, please contact email@example.com.
Phoning the Sick: Mi Shebeirach Calling
Temple Sinai's Mi Shebeirach list helps us to reach out to and connect with members who are not well. If you have a family member or know of fellow congregants who may benefit from this service, please call the Temple Office to have their name placed on the list. Please provide the name of the person and the nature of their ailment. We also ask that you contact the Temple Office to remove those people who have been on the list and are now well. For more informations, please call 416.487.4161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulletin Volunteers Needed
Get involved and join Temple’s monthly newsletter mailing team. We do all the sorting and labelling to make sure that you receive your monthly calendar of events on time. Come and join us once a month on a Thursday morning. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the Temple Office at 416.487.4161 or e-mail email@example.com.
Holy Day Rides
Our Holy Day Rides service arranges for rides to synagogue services during the High Holy Days for those who may not be able to get to synagogue any other way. If you need a ride or are able to help in any way to fulfill this mitzvah, please register with the Temple Office at 416.487.4161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.