When you save a life, it is like saving an entire world.
Dorry's journey is challenging.
A transplant is the only true cure for her.
Our member Dorry Korn is in need of a live liver donation. The time urgency is real because if cancer is found outside of Dorry's liver, something that is likely to happen if she is not treated soon, they will not do a transplant .
We are reaching out to all of you to let you know what is happening and also to potentially enlist your help.
What you should know:
- Dorry is a B blood type. Anyone who is healthy and between the ages of 16-60 and is either a B or an O blood type can donate their liver to Dorry.
- About half of the donor's liver is taken to transplant into Dorry.
- The donor's liver completely grows back in 6-8 weeks.
- The donor will be in the hospital for 6 days and then they will need 6 weeks to fully recover.
- There have never been any fatalities for a donor in this program.
- The selection is very strict, which is why we're reaching out to all of you in the hope that one of you will offer yourself as a live donor and be a match or know someone who is willing to be a living donor, or some organization that can help save Dorry's life.
For more information, please visit the Living Donor Transplant site.
Click here to view the Living Donor Transplant form.