Who we are:
- Men of all ages, with a genuine interest in meeting others, forming new friendships and helping to ensure that our Temple meets the needs of our members.
- Our members come together to discuss both Jewish and general issues at our monthly Men’s Nights and Board Meetings.
- Whatever we are working on, one of our main goals is to enjoy each other’s company and have fun.
What we do:
- Temple Sinai Brotherhood prides itself on its strong support of the Jewish development of our Temple youth. Over the years, we have provided funding for Jewish education and Jewish experiences.
- We contribute to the funding of the Israel trip for all participants of the Confirmation Class.
- We help with the costs of our school trips to Washington, New York, Ottawa and Montreal.
- We have supplied financial assistance for our children's Jewish summer camping experiences at Camp George, for our youth embarking on educational trips to Israel, and for our students wishing to pursue rabbinic studies.
- In addition, every bar mitzvah receives a personally engraved Kiddush cup from Brotherhood to commemorate the occasion.
However, Brotherhood embodies much more than a financial support system. The camaraderie of our monthly dinner meetings paves the way for the planning and execution of events such as our Annual Temple Golf Day. Our members are also enthusiastic leaders and participants in Mitzvah Day, the annual High Holy Day Food Drive, High Holy Day ushering and the Yom HaShoah Yellow Candle Project.
What you can do:
Please join us for some or all of our various activities and projects, where you may make a new friend, take on a new responsibility, and accomplish something special.
Our Brotherhood committees that one can get involved with include the following:
- Fellowship: this committee is responsible for the spiritual and fellowship side of Brotherhood.
- Fundraising: this committee is responsible for raising funds to provide scholarships for our youth and other programs.
- Membership: this committee is responsible for membership development, contacting new male members of Temple to invite them to attend Board meetings and generates interest in Brotherhood among general Temple membership.
- Programming: this committee organizes and delivers our Men’s Nights – we have invited speakers, visits and tours, our Safari Gill Night, our Movie Night and our Bowling Night.
- Tikkun Olam: this committee is responsible for our annual food drive, social action, giving out Yom Hashoah candles, and Kiddush cup presentations.
- Liaison: this committee is responsible for representing Brotherhood at other Temple committees or organizations.
- Communications: this committee is responsible for sending out minutes of our meetings, condolences, get well and congratulation cards to Temple members as well as coordinating articles, pictures and promotional material for the Temple bulletin and website.
Whichever committee you choose, you will be warmly welcomed by a wonderful group of men who reflect the true spirit of Brotherhood.
For more information, please contact at email@example.com.